Thursday, July 26, 2012

The first things.

So this summer is over half over and has totally flown by. I know I should have been doing this all along but I didn't because it is really hard for me to remember to write down the things that happened in my day. The good news is I wrote down most of it and have a pretty decent memory so far. So this post will be a work in progress and the rest of the posts will happen as is necessary. 


The first week: When we got here we all experienced quite a bit of culture shock. It was so different from anything I had ever known. Here in Brownville we have one main street and the highway. There are no stoplights, doctors, pharmacies, gas stations or fast food restaurants. There is one stop sign on either side of the highway. We also had no internet and VERY limited cell phone connection here. We were almost convinced that if the zombie Apocalypse happened we would be screwed because after all we had no access to the media. We entertained ourselves with movies and reading books out loud to each other. When we met we were all instantly a family, and are still very close to each other. I love this new family I have found.


Also this weekend the flea market came into town and it was fantastic. There were so many weird people and there was a lot of great opportunities to people watch. I bought a sign and a statue of Beast from Beauty and the Beast.


Rachel at the Flea market
Week 2: We got internet!!! Yay. We were all able to get in touch with our families and send pictures and what not. We also started working on our first show, Look who's laughing. It is the first of the shows I am in and I love it. It is a very different process from anything I have ever known before. We are using a process called wood shedding. In this process the show is broken down in to lots of sections and you run those sections 6 times and then move on to the next section. After you do 6 sections you then run combinations of them. Our director is super fun and he lives around here an teaches at the local college Peru State College. I have had this annoying cough and I am hoping that me going to to the doctor and getting some amoxicillin will have helped. A big thanks to Mitch Bean for letting me use his car. 
Mitch at music rehearsal

Me as "Joanie" in Look Who's Laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment