Thursday, July 26, 2012

Weeks 3 and 4



Week 3: This week we started rehearsing Kindly Leave the Stage. I am not in the show and so I have been able to whole heatedly focus on getting props for all of the rest of the shows. We are making good headway on getting everything done for the musical The Apple Tree. We are also in music rehearsals for The Apple Tree right now. I can't wait to start rehearsing for it. I have been really sick this week, even after going to the doctor. If it stays bad I will go on Monday.

So fun story, 
Kindly Leave the Stage  opened on Friday night. All through the week I was sick, I missed several days of work because I could not keep anything down. It was really scary. I also had a bunch of bumps and blisters. Saturday was our dress rehearsal for Look Who's Laughing. And while we were running lines for it I got super sick and the bumps kept spreading. So our director Josh and his Wife Devon, who is our costumer took me to the Emergency Room after we ate lunch. They determined that I was allergic to the amoxicillin that they gave me to treat my upper respiratory infection. Fun! So now I will have to make sure when I get home, but I currently have to say I am allergic to any "cillin"


Before I got sick I was going running rather frequently and I found a really pretty gazebo near the cemetery here. If you're up there at night there is a really great view of the stars.

Week 4: This week was much better. After I took my Z-pak that I was given after going back to the doctor, I got a lot better. Thank god for that! We started rehearsals for The Apple Tree this week. It has been so much fun. The cool thing is that each of the 3 acts tells a different story about love and desire. We are having so much fun here. I actually got added into the 3rd act as a chorus member as well, so yay, more fun!! 




Karaoke night
I looked around the town more this week and I went into this store called "The Antiquarium". It is a really large bookstore in the old school house. The man who owns the store is named Tom and he is really awesome and has so much knowledge. I love going there just to talk to him and look around at all of the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment