Friday, July 27, 2012

Weeks 5 and 6

Week 5: This week we started rehearsal for The Prevalence of Ms. Seal. Jarvis, our tech director is our director for this show. It is really funny and we have a lot of different and obscure characters. We have been having a lot of fun during this rehearsal process, and the set looks like it is in a Castle. Jarvis and the scene shop crew really did a great job. My character looks like a china doll and is rather ditzy and empty headed.

Brownville is really starting to grow on me. I have found this boutique called Neil Madison and it has a bunch of chic and trendy clothes. I think I am going to buy one of the vests next week after I cash a paycheck. There are a ton of really cool shoes in the store but none of them fit my small feet.

Week 6: Rehearsals for our last show of the season started this week. It is the show I am stage managing. And then I Wrote is a story about a young writer who is trying to make it on the Broadway scene with his new play. We had a long and ridiculous rehearsal process. There were really only 4 days to rehearse because fourth of July fell right in the middle of our rehearsal process. After 10 or 11 pm everyone's brains went out the window and rehearsals would become hysterical. We had a lot of fun and the show ended up opening nicely.

This weekend both And then I Wrote and The Prevalence of Ms. Seal opened. We had pretty good crowds for all of the shows and we were happy. This means that all of our shows are open and we will have Monday and Tuesday off.

The fourth of July was lots of fun. We had the night off and everyone pitched in to help make food. We also lit off fireworks along with going down by the river to watch Brownville's fireworks display. It was really cool but a little sad because we knew our summer was already half over.

Mitch Layne and I in The Prevalence of Ms. Seal

Just being goofy before The Prevalence of Ms. Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment