Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 9



Monday: Today Michael and I went into Omaha for a date. He wanted to get sushi, little did I know that he had never eaten it before. We tried this place I had heard was good, and I ended up ordering for both of it. He was a really good sport about it and tried all of what we ordered. Overall he said he liked it and would eat it again, so I guess it was a success. After we got dinner we walked around and shopped. We also went into a pub for a bit before meeting up with his sister and her finance. It was a good date.

Tuesday and wednesday: We had special performances of And then I wrote these days. We go to the theater at 1 and worked on stuff that we will offer up at the auction at the end of the season. Wednesday night we had Christmas in July, complete with Santa.  We also did a secret Santa gift exchange and it was amazing how well we all really knew each other and what to get for what person. We really have become a lot like a family. I will miss them when I leave.

Thursday: Tonight there was a performance of And then I wrote. It went well and our shift into the next show wasn't too long so we got out with enough time to be able to have fun and hang out.

Friday: Tonight was the show Kindly leave the stage. I am not in that one, so my night was rather uneventful. The show went well and once again, the shift did not take long so we were out early. Michael and I went out to the bar and then hung out with his friends after I got off of work.

Saturday: Today we did The prevalence of Ms. Seal and And then I wrote. The shows went well and miraculously the shift between shows wasn't too bad or stressful. We are really getting good at doing midday shifts. The Blanke's (the people who founded the Theatre) came to the shows today and had nothing but good things to say to us. It makes me really happy to see them, and have them compliment our shows so much. After work we went over to Shooter's because Mitch's friends were in town and they all wanted to hang out.  We saw the people who work at the Lyceum there and hung out with them. They were a lot of fun to talk to and be around. Its sort of cool to be making friends who live here. It makes me feel like if I choose to come back next year, I will definitely know people.

Sunday: Today we did Look Who's Laughing and The Apple Tree. We had large audiences for both shows. It was really nice to have almost full houses. Michael came with some of his friends to see Look Who's Laughing and they all really liked it. Both shows went really well and after work we went home to celebrate Layne's 24th birthday. Tomorrow we will be going to Omaha to play and drink.

It was a good week here in Brownville.
Johanna and I "peeking" under our "Christmas Tree"

Michael and I on date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment